Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Politics

I'm not old enough to vote.
Unlike the majority of teenagers in this country, I choose to keep up with the presidential candidates and politics and [*gasp*] even the news! Why?

Well, whether I'm old enough to vote or not, don't I still live in this country? Shouldn't this country be as valuable to me as it is [or should be] to the legal adults? It really does bother me when people say things like; "I'm not old enough to vote, so I don't really care.", "It doesn't really affect me..." etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, well, when the country is being flushed down the toilet when you ARE "old enough" to care, you'll only have your own teenage apathy to thank for that. Later on in life, when things aren't going your way politically I don't even want to hear about it. 


Now I have a little something to say about the presidential candidates.

Fact: they are all politicians

Fact [this one is a shocker!]: they don't care as much for your personal well being as for their own. After all, despite popular belief, politicians are not another species. They are all still flawed, selfish human beings. Just like you and I. 

Fact: they all have an agenda.



I am incredibly sick of all these people parading their favorite candidate like he's a god, and treating the others like the anti-christ. Even your precious [*insert candidate name here*] has made mistakes. Even your least favorite [*insert candidate name here*] has probably done something good before.


It's one thing to have a preferred or favorite candidate, but it's another to distastefully insult the opposing contenders. Come on, you're all legal adults. Can't you be mature about it?


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment