Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God Bless the USA




"I thank my lucky stars, to be living here today, 'Cause the flag still stands for freedom, and they can't take that away! I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. I won't forget the men who died and gave that right to me. I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA! 

-Lee Greenwood, "God Bless the USA"



"We hold these truths to be self-eviden that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain Unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men - deriving their just powers from the CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED - That whenever ANY form of Government becomes destructive of these ends it is the Right of hte People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying it's foundation on such principles and organizing it's powers in such form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

-The Declaration of Independence

We do live in this country where we are incredibly blessed to be FREE, but don't forget that even though our freedom was won 236 years ago with the signing of the Deceleration of Independence, it is still being threatened today by those within our government.  Our government was only to be instituted among men with the CONSENT of the governed. A huge amount of the governed don't agree (see definition of Consent in the dictionary) with the HHS Mandate that was passed by the SCOTUS last week. I am not yet old enough to vote, but I ask all of you to please go vote this November. This mandate is completely AGAINST our Deceleration of FREEDOM! It is destructive to the ends of LIFE (by providing abortion in healthcare) and LIBERTY (by forcing everyone to comply to this TAX) and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS (by compromising our freedoms). 

YOU can be a change!



God Bless the USA

1 comment: